ALES Undergraduate Scholarships & Awards Details
The Ignite Nutrition Dietetics Internship Scholarship
Brief description of the award:
Ignite Nutrition recognizes the commitment and potential dietetics students have in effectively communicating science. $750/yr.
Ignite Nutrition is a dietetic private practice located in Calgary Alberta specializing in digestive disorders. We have created a scholarship for dietetic interns to help them reach their goal of becoming a registered dietitian. This scholarship will be awarded to a student exhibiting financial need, who can share with us a personal reflection on the role of connective communication in dietetics.
- be enrolled in the Dietetics Specialization
- students must express financial need to study nutrition and complete their internship
- Must provide proof of being accepted into a dietetic internship
- have an GPA of at least 3.5/4.0
How to Apply:
- A completed (and signed) Application Cover Sheet. Download Here.
- A completed (and signed) Statement of Financial Status. Download Here.
- Provide proof of being admitted to a dietetics program. (a copy of registration or acceptance letter)
- A short cover letter (no longer than 1 page) describing your academic goals and involvement in community nutrition & health activities.
- Must watch our dietitian, Andrea Hardy’s TEDx talk on connective communication for health care providers here.
- Complete a 500-1,000-word essay on what ‘connective communication’ means to you as a future dietitian. We would like to see how you plan to use your unique skills to connect with patients in a meaningful way.
Applications open January 1 to March 1 each calendar year. Scholarship recipient is announced April 15th each calendar year.